The Clinic was founded in March 1958 by Dr. Len Walters and his wife Elizabeth Walters at 72 Mount Street, Heidelberg.
Len followed in the footsteps of a small group of pioneering Chiropractors trained in the US and practicing in scattered locations around the cities of Australia. In the 1950’s there were no training facilities for chiropractors in Australia, so Len headed to Davenport, Iowa to train at the founding school for chiropractors; Palmer School of Chiropractic.
Len can be thanked for a part in the development of Chiropractic in Australia. He trained a group of chiropractors to help him in his busy practice, when there was no training in Australia, was involved in the registration process for chiropractors in the 1970’s, and was involved in the early phases of the chiropractic association.
In March 1984 the practice moved to 94 Lower Heidelberg Rd, Ivanhoe. Len and Elizabeth battled through treating patients while renovating the building and fighting council for permits. They continued to provide exceptional community service, while helping many new graduates forge their path into the professional and battle their own health demons.
Dale Comrie joined the clinic in 1994 and recently has overseen the move to 3/210 Lower Heidelberg Rd, Ivanhoe East.